CORNWALL FOR TEENAGERS
As we all know prising teenagers away from their electrical devices and keeping them entertained on holiday can be a real challenge! Finding a holiday perfect for the whole family can be tricky but Cornwall really has so much to offer in terms of meeting the whole family’s needs. When building sandcastles and paddling in the sea no longer cuts it, read our suggestions for creating a happy and action packed family holiday!
Looe is a wonderful upbeat town location with lots of good shops and restaurants all within easy walking distance. It has a great beach and there are lots of things to see and do including crabbing, rockpooling and fishing trips. For more specific activities to keep your teenagers entertained see our top picks below for recommended days out, all within a 45 minute journey.
· The Retallack Aqua Park is a huge inflatable obstacle course which is the first of its kind in the south west. It has a giant trampoline, climbing wall, slides, blast-bag and challenging balance beams. It costs £15 per session and includes wetsuits and buoyancy aids.
· Retallack is also home to the fantastic Flowrider which is the ultimate surf machine. It is an artificial wave which allows people of all abilities to surf everyday of the year no matter what the conditions are like. Regardless of experience and skill levels the thrill of surfing can be experienced by parents, teenagers and children alike.
· Harlyn Surf School offers the perfect introduction to the ocean, offering lessons in surfing, stand up paddleboarding, coasteering and sea kayaking.
· Situated in a quarry just 15 minutes from Looe, Adrenalin Quarry is perfect for a thrill seeking adventure. Home to a 150ft zip wire, a giant swing and quarry coasteering. It has lots of picnic benches around the lake and it is free entry for those not taking part in activities.
· Home to the fastest single engine karts in the south west Kartworld is great for teenagers and other family members alike. The Super Sport timing system is used to gain accurate lap times so you can be ultra competitive!
· Siblyback Lake offers some lovely walks, children’s play areas, high ropes and a cafe overlooking the water. You can walk or cycle around the lake and enjoy the stunning views and spot the many varieties of birds that visit the lake.
· The Camel Trail is a scenic bike route along a disused railway line between Wenfordbridge, Bodmin, Wadebridge and Padstow. Wadebridge to Padstow is a highly recommended route and bike hire is readily available.
· Hangloose Adventure runs a range of adventure activities at the Eden Project. Designed for adrenalin junkies you can try the SkyWire zipwire above the biomes, go on Gravity, the giant swing or take a leap on the Big Air free fall jump.